These are accurate and to scale architectural renderings of the Whitney Mixed Use building.
Similar to the Cheese Shop Building, our building will have creeping fig covering the exterior walls of the first and second floors. We will have a 15' x15' setback at the corner of Avenida de la Playa and El Paseo Grande and a 5' x 25' residential entrance setback on the east property line.
Our building will have articulating balconies and decks on the second and third floors.
We will be preserving the three existing palm trees and landscaping on El Paseo Grande.
Our buildings' 30' height is the same height as the Naegle's building. There will be seven parking spaces.... currently more than all the buildings on this block combined.
Remember to Shop and dine in "La Jolla Shores Today"
Pursuant to the following letter, Micheal Stepner the former City of San Diego Artichect and author of the La Jolla Shores PDO also believes the design of our building meets the criteria of the La Jolla Shores PDO and fits in the eclectic character of the La Jolla Shores Neighborhood.
In addition to doing a Environmental Impact Report the following is a list of changes the Whitney's have made from 2009 -2015 in response to community input:
1. Originally 9,228 sq. ft. reduced to 8,950 sq. ft. further reduced to 8,518 sq. ft.– LJCPA request
2. Original FAR 2.34 reduced to 2.16 (There is no FAR requirement in the LJSPDO)
3. Relocated residential entrance – per neighbors request
4. HVAC relocated – neighbor request
5. Visibility triangle added – community group request. SDMC does not require visibility triangles.
6. Covered veranda- LJCPA request
7. Additional articulation to east wall – Hearing Officers request
8. Setbacks increase on west and south patios – LJ Shores advisory boards request
9. Caissons foundation replaced with matt slab foundation- LJCPA request
10. Car ramp removed car elevators installed – LJCPA request
11. 5’ x 15’ step-back on east wall at the third level - Planning Commissions request